Eagle Creek to Tunnel Falls
Eagle Creek to Tunnel Falls
Distance: 12 miles
Elevation Gain: 1200
Location: Columbia Gorge
Attendance: Boy Scout Hike - Darrin, Vicki, Connor, Dale, Me, Sage & Ethan V & Dylan V, Saaron & Josh.
What an amazing beautiful day for a hike! And one of my favorite hikes to boot. Its been a long time since I've done Eagle Creek, and I was very excited.
So we hit the trail, definitely some changes since the last time I have been out. The actual trail head has a parking lot now. Lol. Its nice. The beginning of the trail has narrowed alot, as it climbs, at least in some spots. I was surprised, but i guess it comes with alot of traffic to a beautiful area.
We had a successful climb up to Tunnel falls with no problems. One of the boys didnt really care for the narrow parts of the trail or the drop offs, but other than it was great. We enjoyed the wonderful waterfalls.
The trail has definitely gotten rockier than I remember. Not to excited about that type of terrain, as I have gotten older. lol. It was a complaint from a few of the other adults as well, I wonder if it just comes with age.
On the way back down, we ran in to some strange sites. People coming up in flip flops, others carrying strollers and babies. I was shocked. Who does that? Do they not know the dangers of the trail? Especially with those steep drop off's. This is nature folks....not the park. I think I have a better understanding on why people die up there now.
Distance: 12 miles
Elevation Gain: 1200
Location: Columbia Gorge
Attendance: Boy Scout Hike - Darrin, Vicki, Connor, Dale, Me, Sage & Ethan V & Dylan V, Saaron & Josh.
What an amazing beautiful day for a hike! And one of my favorite hikes to boot. Its been a long time since I've done Eagle Creek, and I was very excited.
![]() |
| Tunnel Falls |
So we hit the trail, definitely some changes since the last time I have been out. The actual trail head has a parking lot now. Lol. Its nice. The beginning of the trail has narrowed alot, as it climbs, at least in some spots. I was surprised, but i guess it comes with alot of traffic to a beautiful area.
We had a successful climb up to Tunnel falls with no problems. One of the boys didnt really care for the narrow parts of the trail or the drop offs, but other than it was great. We enjoyed the wonderful waterfalls.
The trail has definitely gotten rockier than I remember. Not to excited about that type of terrain, as I have gotten older. lol. It was a complaint from a few of the other adults as well, I wonder if it just comes with age.
On the way back down, we ran in to some strange sites. People coming up in flip flops, others carrying strollers and babies. I was shocked. Who does that? Do they not know the dangers of the trail? Especially with those steep drop off's. This is nature folks....not the park. I think I have a better understanding on why people die up there now.
![]() |
| The boys before the hike. |
![]() |
| Dylan & Ethan |
![]() |
| Sage |
![]() |
| Josh & Sage |
![]() |
| Eagle Creek |
![]() |
| They made it to the 6 mile marker. |
![]() |
| The Trail |
![]() |
| Darrin is still alive, much to his surprise |
![]() |
| Me and my lil man. |












Comments
Post a Comment