PCT Days 2013
Ok, so this post is not about any hike or cycling event. But it is outdoors and it supports the outdoor fun we do.
I had the pleasure of attending the Pacific Crest Trail Days in Cascade Locks today, with the kids. I'm still glowing over the wonderful time we had . They are definitely a group of people who know each other and spend time together. We made new friends & got to talk hiking with alot of people. It was great. The sense of humor was so light hearted, and the ability to welcome all kinds of people was beautiful to see. It was like being at a Yoga convention.
Got the opportunity to chat with the people at Next Adventure, Osprey, OR, Washington Trails Association, and the author of One Pan Wonders and her crew of peeps. We were able to take a Leave No Trace workshop, which was fun and light hearted, as well.
I was gently surprised that my son said he had a good time. He is not easily impressed on anything that requires the outdoors or exercise/work. (he's preteen) But you should've seen the look on his face when he saw the medal awarded to those that complete the 2600mile PCT...It was priceless. He says he wants to do the hike. I just about fainted. This is coming from the same kid he didnt want to do 20miles. But he will do 2600 miles? Proof again, I dont know a thing about kids. But I sure love to be around them.
The greatest part was the raffle. The auctioneer was a riot, and was entertainment enough. They had some amazing stuff that was being given away. 14 nice back packs, tons of great stuff. It filled 2.5 hours fast, with all of the entertainment, fun bantering, and comical relief. We even scored of bit of goods ourselves.
Cant wait to do PCT days next year!
Thank you to all that put the hard work in making the PCT Days a success. Look forward to seeing you on the trail.
www.lnt.org
http://www.pcta.org/
http://nextadventure.net/
http://www.ospreypacks.com/
www.onepanwonders.com
I had the pleasure of attending the Pacific Crest Trail Days in Cascade Locks today, with the kids. I'm still glowing over the wonderful time we had . They are definitely a group of people who know each other and spend time together. We made new friends & got to talk hiking with alot of people. It was great. The sense of humor was so light hearted, and the ability to welcome all kinds of people was beautiful to see. It was like being at a Yoga convention.
Got the opportunity to chat with the people at Next Adventure, Osprey, OR, Washington Trails Association, and the author of One Pan Wonders and her crew of peeps. We were able to take a Leave No Trace workshop, which was fun and light hearted, as well.
I was gently surprised that my son said he had a good time. He is not easily impressed on anything that requires the outdoors or exercise/work. (he's preteen) But you should've seen the look on his face when he saw the medal awarded to those that complete the 2600mile PCT...It was priceless. He says he wants to do the hike. I just about fainted. This is coming from the same kid he didnt want to do 20miles. But he will do 2600 miles? Proof again, I dont know a thing about kids. But I sure love to be around them.
The greatest part was the raffle. The auctioneer was a riot, and was entertainment enough. They had some amazing stuff that was being given away. 14 nice back packs, tons of great stuff. It filled 2.5 hours fast, with all of the entertainment, fun bantering, and comical relief. We even scored of bit of goods ourselves.
Cant wait to do PCT days next year!
Thank you to all that put the hard work in making the PCT Days a success. Look forward to seeing you on the trail.
www.lnt.org
http://www.pcta.org/
http://nextadventure.net/
http://www.ospreypacks.com/
www.onepanwonders.com


Comments
Post a Comment