Sailing for the first time
August 4th, 2016
Steamboat Landing
Sailing the Columbia River from Columbia River Crossing East
On a 36' San Juan
 |
| My new love |
This has been the highlight of my life for outdoor activities, let me tell you. First you have to understand I am not a fan of the water. As you can see through this blog, most of my activities are on land, where I like to be. Unfortunately I have just had to many near death experiences in the water, and I can't swim. Not from lacking of trying, I'm just a sinker. So it only seems smart to stay out of the water, of which I have been pretty successful at.
But, this year I set up sailing for our Boy Scouts through my friend and Yoga student, Frank. So it only seemed right to give it a whirl myself. I was floored how exhilarating sailing was. Almost immediately i fell in love with. I love feeling the wind on my face, I loved the boat pitching side to side and dipping into the water, I loved the speed that seemed so much more natural than being in a speed boat. overall, I have to say I loved every minute of it. I was genuinely hooked.
 |
| They let me drive the boat! |
I would even consider owning one, if someone would sail me around in it, and I can just lye around on the deck enjoying the sun. I might even consider learning how to sail it myself. Even more, I would love to host boat parties. Yes, I want a boat. Ok, I admit it.
Be warned there are a lot of Selfies, as I am one happy girl.
From my first post on fb. "
I'm not sure how to even explain today's adventure in pictures. Though, I got some great shots, it doesn't compare to the experience. Sailing! My new love! A truly amazing experience today out on the water. I'm so grateful I stepped beyond my dislike of water and gave it a go. It's truly been one of the greatest experiences in my life. I was absolutely glowing the whole time. Susie Rangel, I totally get it. Seabase folks, I'm kinda envious of your adventure, though I would still rather just stay on the boat."
 |
| Leaving port |
 |
| This is how our captain drives, should i be concerned? |
 |
| Kicking back |
 |
| Our view of Hood |
 |
| Korbin enjoying this ride |
 |
| Beautiful views |
 |
| Sunset coming back in. |
 |
| Grinning ear to ear |
 |
| Frank entertaining my selfies |
 |
| me and man cub |
 |
| Love the flag |
 |
| eating up the sun |
 |
| I love the view of the sails. |
 |
| They are so beautiful in the wind |
 |
| Captain Frank |
 |
| Korbin peaking over the edge |
 |
| Me and Susie |
 |
| Yep, we love it. |
 |
| Captain Frank enjoying himself |
 |
| Even Sage is having fun |
 |
| Our view on the way back in. It was heavenly |
 |
| Coming back in |
 |
| awwww I could live here |
 |
| Susie tying us to the moore. |
Comments
Post a Comment