Wrapping up the year - 2020

 Hiking Goals

My 200-mile hiking goal for 2020 was achieved. I've got one more trip in the books; we'll see where I end up.
10/17/20 - For now, it's time for my feet to rest. One month was too long a break. I lost my trail legs, which made today's hike of 22 miles challenging. I'm grateful the scouts got to finish their hiking merit badge without any more delays, and I'm thankful for a day off tomorrow that quite possibly will be a day of rest on the couch.

10/20/20 - My feet hurt real bad after the 20miler, so I went to the Urgent care, turns out I fractured both feet hiking on a paved trail. Though we didn't know the trail was paved with a layer of dirt on top, the combo of the trail surface and wearing a very sturdy shoe (Oboz) I fractured both feet. Its amazing I was able to finish it. Maybe, its my stubborn pride. Lol.


Here's my miles for 2020:


Comments

Popular Posts