Cycling in Portland
Cycling in Portland
We were so blessed to have a dry day. So why not go for a ride? Combined an oldie with some exploration. We rode from Kelly Point Park in the Industrial area to St Johns and back.
I left the Scouts (with the other leaders) at the gravel turn-off on the Columbia Slough to avoid the gravel and ride through the fall leaves in St Johns. It was a gorgeous day to do so. I had a blast avoiding branches and nuts on the trail from all the debris on the sidewalks. I really enjoyed the opportunity to find some speed and fly through the leaves and gain some miles.
When I went back to catch up with the scouts, they hadn't arrived yet, so I decided to try and ride the gravel. I confirmed that my bike isn't gravel-friendly. I already knew it, but thought I would try anyway. I was lucky I didn't get a flat with my road racing tires.
But I'm happy I got to ride with Scouts on their 25-mile ride today. It was fun to share my expertise, and ride with kids and enjoy their silly behavior, smiling, laughing and racing where it was appropriate. It felt good. I miss these days.


Comments
Post a Comment