Cycling - Spring Water Corridor Trail

Intro to Cycling

July 8th, 2012
8:30am discussion/9am ride started
Spring Water Corridor

We started out at Main city park. Our 30 minute discussion gave us time to go over maintenance on our bikes, bike fitting and road etiquette, and hand signals.

This being our first ride, I really had no idea what to expect. This was my first time teaching cycling out of a class room, so I really had no idea what to expect. Well, I was in for a treat. One of our boys hadnt ridden a bike since he was a young child, so he really struggled with staying on the trail, learning gears, and how to keep a straight line. But, by the end of the day all was good. He felt a little bit better.

The pace was really a struggle for me to keep. I am not accustomed to going that slow. We averaged an 8 to 10mph speed, with a lot of stops on the spring water corridor. Wow. I see what people say about this trail. But I know these boys are riding bikes that are alot heavier than mine, and havent ridden to the extent of my ability. I look forward to getting them there, one day these boys are going to kick my butt on the road. I look forward to seeing it. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts