Labor Day Fun 2016

Labor Day Fun 2016

Girls piling on Sage


   We had last minute cancelations on our original Labor Day plans, so we reached out the Swearingens, a family we met in Shaniko, that we immediately connected with and have made many attempts at getting together with them. Labor turned out to be a huge success on getting together and having some fun.

  So we met up with them and their family and friends out at Haystack Reservoir where we got lit by the campfire and during the day got to play on Kayaks and Paddle Boards. What a treat! The weather was amazing, a lot of warmer than expected, which is never a disappointment to me. The nights were a bit colder than I expected, but I was grateful we had a trailer. But for some reason the heater wasnt really working very well at night. Still a mystery. (I'm thinking the batteries arent holding a charge)

  Since this is all about the outdoors, I will keep this to the outdoor fun we had. My daughter had the opportunity to go out on both the paddle boards and the kayaks and loved them both. My son decided he was more interested in the kayaks, of which he had a great time. For me this was huge, as he's an indoor person, and the first night he never came out of the trailer. The 2nd day he tried to stay in the trailer again, but the kids convinced him to come out. He didnt have any shorts, as he doesnt like them and refused to bring them. Either way it worked, the kids had him out in the water in know time, and some older kids showed up and he didnt go back into the trailer until dark. The next day, same thing, outside having a blast.I love that he got outside with this group of people, all of which were great and this is the kind of life i envisioned for him. Though he went with a bit of a struggle, amazingly he had a blast and it was worth every minute.
Sage sun bathing on the tongue of a semi
Chey getting ready to go out paddle boarding
Sage getting ready to go out on the Kayak. 
Making friends

  I got the opportunity to try the kayaks, and paddled across the lake, around half the lake and back to port. My first impression? I thought the paddling would be harder. My second impression? I didnt like being beat by the stand up paddle boarders. Hmphf... Third impression? They hurt the heck out of my hips, of which I strained my SI Joint that I havent had any problems with for the last year, after rehabilitation. Overall, I dont see me getting kayaks anytime soon. which is a bummer, as the actual process was nice. But I cant afford any more SI joint injuries. So until that is completely addressed no Kayaks for me.
Me and Chey across the lake.
Mr Swearingen kicking my butt on the SUP


Comments

Popular Posts