Snowshoeing Enid Lake
Snowshoeing Enid Lake
What a glorious day to go snowshoeing. We got some serious snow and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, I could not say the same about Chey. This is her least favorite activity. Happily, my other daughter Mielie likes it!Even though this was a short hike the girls had a blast. They wrestled out on the lake chasing each other and throwing snowballs. The laughter was ringing through the woods.
Unfortunately, that was as far as we got because Mielie was having some struggles with her snowshoes staying on. I think it was her boots. Guess we'll have to come back again. Oh darn.
Upon leaving my Yukon started acting up and I got a 'Reduced Engine Power' light come up and I couldn't get it to go away. This meant that I could only idle. I had no gas power at all. I thought in all my wisdom that I would drive across the hwy and see if I could get some help. BAD idea when you don't have horsepower at all..... I almost got ran over by three snowplows. Thankfully I got to a populated area. Shut off the engine, started it back up and she started normal and ran normally the rest of the way home. After some research, it turned out to be the battery. It wasn't strong enough to handle the cold weather. It was chilly...
Since our trip was a fail we decided to come back up the next day where we had success with the boots and the snowshoes on Mielie. This time we actually got somewhere!! We made it around the south end of the lake to our first junction that would take you to town. The girls were done and wanted to build a snowman so I left them for a few and took off down the trail around the north end of the lake. It didn't take long for me to stress out about leaving them, so I came back. Upon arrival, I saw they had the base of their snowman done so I took the other junction and headed toward town. I came back just in time to find them finishing their snowman. They were having a blast entertaining the folks going by decorating their snowman with gummies.
On the hike back to the car Chey kept getting hit with snow falling off the branches. There was a lot. She got pretty ticked off and decided that snowshoeing doesn't like her. Lol. She survived just fine.


Comments
Post a Comment