Trout Creek Warm up Hike

Trout Creek Warm up Hike - April 20th, 2013



Attendance: The entire Boy Scout Troop that attended the Trout Creek camp out
Distance: Just over 5miles. In/Out
Difficulty: Easy


This was our first hike to warm up the boys for their Hiking Merit Badge. Only a handful of the boys are attempting the merit badge, so I had a bit of a prep talk with them, going over the 10 essentials and such. This hike was put on by the troop and we just added it to our list. :o)

Overall it was a nice easy hike on a gravel road. It followed the Deschutes River. It was interesting to hike this type of terrain, as I typically would not have chosen it. I really liked the scenery, and the river. 

Some of the boys chose to hike around a butte that was out there at our turn around point. Alot of Rock and quite an adventure, as no one knew where it went. :o)  
Mr Sage

The butte

The Wagners

Comments

Popular Posts