Starvation Creek/Hole in the Wall



February 18th – Starvation Creek/ Hole in the Wall Falls

Time: 1.5 hrs with all the exploring.
Attendance: Jason, Sage, Cheyenne & I
Distance: 2.2 miles round trip
Difficulty: Extremely easy

Me and my lil girl.
            What a great easy hike. The snow levels dropped back down to 1,000 feet and since I got the opportunity to drag the Whole family along, I thought I would keep it easy and fun. We went to Starvation Creek, which I had never done before and went up to Hole in the Wall Falls and back. But before we hit the trail, we went to Starvation creek falls first. Very pretty and right in the parking lot. Then we trotted on down the trail which back tracks from the parking lot, and follows the freeway for a bit, and then cuts into some old growth forest. Our next fall was called Cabin Creek falls, another pretty one tucked into the side of the mountain, but easy to see from the trail. Then it was off to Hole in the Wall falls, which is a man made falls drilled into the side of the mountain.
            Jason was very adventurous and wanted to climb up to a landing half way up the Falls, where we took the kids. It was fun, and really made the hike for all of us. We took pictures, and then went back down. Sure hope he goes with us again. :o)
The Monkeys

Wow does this girl like to run!

Daddy and Son

Mom and Daughter

Hole in the Wall Falls

A rare moment. Jason and I

Love it!


The top of Hole in the Wall

Just taking a walk

Comments

Popular Posts