White River (snow shoe)
February 19th – White River (snow shoe)
Time: 11:30 to 3:30pm = 4hrs
Attendance: Me, Michelle & Jacquie
Distance: not sure, gps on phone wasn’t working. (about
3miles round trip)
Difficulty: Moderate
It seems
every time we go up this trail its different. Amazing. This snow stuff is a lot
different than hiking. Lol. Not bad, just different. Todays trip was work. The
snow was soft and fluffy, which made it a lot easier to navigate, but a lot
more work, all at the same time. We actually sunk down into the snow a bit, so
it took longer to travel. It was a lot more work, which had us taking breaks a
lot. We are all a bit out of shape I think, because it was a lot harder than it
was last time we were on this trail, a year ago. We did make it to about the
same spot though and then turned around. It took us 3 hours up the trail and
then one hour back. We took the same route, and hiked up the ridge and into the
tree line, where we had lunch, and then went back into the river bed and
followed it back to the parking lot.
It was a
bit windy up there this trip too, thank goodness I had good snow gear. I stayed
nice and warm and was constantly adjusting layers. It would’ve been interesting
to know what my heart rate was during this trip. I bet by the end of the summer
if I keep up with all this trips, I should be well able to handle this trail
again when the snow returns without any difficulty.
What was
really amazing on this trip, was the attendance. There weren’t near as many
people on at White River as there was last
year. We heard rumor that everyone was up at Trilium. Hmmmm…maybe we’ll try
Trilium this year and see why everyone is going there. :o) Also, we discussed
trying cross country skiing to see what that’s like too. I am LOVING all this
adventure. Especially from Michelle. Jacquie really enjoyed her self too. :o)
Another great snow shoe trip.
| White River in the snow |
| Throwing out some Yoga poses - Half Moon/ Ardha Chandrasana |
| Standing Twist |
| Us girls tearing up the snow |


Comments
Post a Comment